Wednesday 3 December 2014

Some of my favourite Eos M Pictures

The Eos M received a lukewarm reception at launch...mostly because of the pedestrian AF speed. A firmware update did improve the AF but it is nowhere near the speeds one can get from some of the other camera brands.

Last year with a price drop interest suddenly picked up. I even bought a black one for myself with the fixed 22mm lens and EF lens adapter. This year I added a white paired with the standard IS zoom lens...I didn't really want another camera but I got the whole package for the same price as the lens alone would have been...





Swakopmund, Namibia 2014


Recently there has been some rumors of a new Eos M camera. I certainly hope that my 'dream' mirror less might be announced although I am not crossing my fingers. My dream Eos M would have a build in or add on view finder, and a  Eos 7D mk2 sensor.... 



The idea was to mainly use my Eos M  as a backup which hasn't really happened as my regular camera the Eos 6D never let me down, nor did my previous full frame the Eos 5D mk2. I had the 5D2 for four whole years and in all that time it just kept on working faithfully day in and day out...I expect the same of my 6D. So far I have been mightily impressed with the build quality of the Canon's. 

I also carry the Eos M with me all the time in my little 'man bag', a Billingham Pola.

Mostly I use the Eos M when the Eos 6D would be overkill ito image quality

The fact is that I have not really used the Eos M much for my personal work for the simple reason that I just prefer using the 6D...paired with the tiny 40mm pancake lens the Eos 6D is a relatively compact camera with stunning image quality.

Its not that I don't 'trust'  the Eos M its just whenever I think there may be a good 'photographic' opportunity I reach for the 6d because I know its going to give me the best image quality under any and all circumstances.

So the Eos M does relatively little duty, mostly for social pics where the tiny flash and standard zoom with IS has come in very handy.

But, to my surprise, looking back over the images I made with the Eos M over the last year or so I have noticed quite a few images that I like...

So here they are, in no particular order.......






Deadvlei, Namibia 2014



Karla, 2013



Fashion show, Pretoria 2013



Windhoek, Namibia 2014



Swakopmund, Namibia 2014



Windhoek, Namibia 2014



Kalk Bay harbour, 2013



Kalk Bay, 2013



Spitzkoppe, Namibia 2014



Rustenburg, 2014



Windhoek, Namibia 2014



Muizenberg, 2014



Kalk Bay 2013 (variation )



Centurion, 2014



Windhoek, Namibia 2014




Kalk Bay harbour, 2013


Regards, ( and lets hope there is a new and improved Eos M in time for Christmas! )

Ivan


No comments: